Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly meme created by Lainey @ Gingerreadslainey on the Youtubes. This weeks theme is “Books I didn’t finish”. I thought I’d amp it up a little and choose 6 books that fell totally flat for me and are – surprise – super popular.
- Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson – this book bored me so much. I didn’t get the book, nothing drew me in. I only read about 40 pages and gave up. I KNOW IT’S TERRIBLE. Maybe I’ll pick it up again one day.
- The Iron Trial by Holly Black & Cassandra Clare – I really, really dislike Holly Black’s writing. It just grates me. I have DNF’d every book she has ever written.
- Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins – Okay, I confess, I really wanted to like this book. Unfortunately, a Mary Sue MC and unbelievable romances / attitudes just blew it over my head. Maybe I’m just too old for books like these?
- The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman – AKA the journal of a whine-y teenage girl who has to talk about every god damn thing in the whole universe. DNF and I had NO REGRETS. NOTHING HAPPENS.
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner – There was 0 appeal with this book. I tried it, it fell flat, I gladly DNF’d. I definitely feel like this is a hit or miss in the bookish community.
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff – Ahhhh…. So this one I kind of feel bad about. I definitely feel like to fully enjoy and love this book you need the physical copy. I just couldn’t stand reading it on my iPad and honestly it’s so freaking long. I don’t got time for that.