Huzzah! Thank you Kat for the nomination! :D.
DISCLAIMER: These questions made me seem really mean and strict and I swear I’m not! 😥
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer
1. What is your favorite book? Why?
My favorite book is probably the cliché Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. Honestly guys I just freaking loving Maas’ storytelling ability. However, if you asked me before I inhaled this series, it would be Harry Potter. It’s honestly a tie.
2. Who is your favorite book character and why?
Either Valek or Celaena Sardothien
3. Do you have an OTP (one true pairing), if so, who?
VALEK AND YELENA from the Poison Study series. They are the ultimate OTP.
4. Have you ever tried giving a book one star? How did it feel?
Yes. It felt good. Obviously I didn’t do it to feel spiteful but honestly if a book is getting a bunch of 1-stars and I want to give it one star, I will. It’s a sign. A 1-star isn’t meant to be a destructive. It’s to say “Hey, this book might not have been executed that well. Maybe you need a new editor or you should look over your plot holes”. It’s constructive. I truly believe all books have the potential to be good.
5. How important is the cover of the book to you?
SUPER IMPORTANT. Honest fact, I judge a book so heavily by the cover. If I go to NetGalley there is a pretty big chance I won’t even glimpse at a book if it has a terrible cover. I don’t believe good books should have bad covers. If a publisher truly believes in a book/series they would put extended effort into the cover. However, this is also a downfall because I’ve read some books that I really didn’t like and they had awesome covers. The thing is, we as humans automatically go for the better looking thing. If you go to a grocery store and you see a bruised apple and a perfect apple – you buy the perfect apple! Books are food for the brain, you choose what you think looks best! (ends nonsensical rant).
6. If you weren’t a person what would you like to be?
Maybe an otter. I like otters. :).
7. Can you listen to music while reading? If so, which song?
I can but I usually don’t because it’s a waste of battery life. I totally zone into a book when I read it.
8. What is your favorite and least favorite color?
I really like blue and yellow. Yellow reminds me of happiness and blue is just pretty.
9. What is your favorite book that turned to a movie? Did you like the movie as well?
HARRY POTTER FOREVER. To respond the the second part of the question: Always.
10. Do you crack the spine of the book or not?
No! I try to avoid making my books look used. I read books on my iPad 99% of the time so when I get a physical book I really try to take care with it.
11. How long does it take you to read a 400-page book?
I marathoned Queen of Shadows so I guess the answer is, pretty fast if it’s a good book and I’m invested.
11 Random Facts:
1. I grew up in 3 different countries
2. I’ve been dating my boyfriend for over three years.
3. I have a cat named Butters (aka butbut, aka bubi)
4. I foster dogs
5. I took Calculus 3 times in university and dropped out EVERY SINGLE TIME.
6. I’m 23!
7. I had a caesar salad addiction for 3 solid months.
8. I only like to eat gummy vitamins
9. My parents are Colombian and English
10. I enjoy frolicking
11. When I was 12 years old I flew an international flight by myself and at my layover in Atlanta, Georgia the airport guide put me on the wrong plane and I ended up in Quebec, Canada instead of Toronto, Canada. #igottositinsecurity #igotfreefood #ididn’tspeakfrench #theylostmydog
Because I feel like everyone and their mother has been nominated. If you HAVE NOT gotten this award, you are officially nominated by me. I love every single one of your guys’ blogs. DO THIS TAG PLEASE. Thank you :3.
- What language do you wish you could speak?
- What is your favorite book?
- If you could have dinner with a fictional character who would it be?
- How old are you?
- Do you recycle? If not, you should. #savetheworld
- What do you want to study in University? / What did you study?
- What is your favorite genre to read?
- If you had to choose between pizza and grilled cheese, what would you choose?
- Do you have any must-read book recommendations?
- Do you have a bookstagram?
- What’s the last thing you bought online?