This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is a freebie! So after skimming through everyones fun and insightful posts today I thought I’d talk about 10 female MC’s I really admired. I like strong MC’s that really stand up for themselves and follow their heart. I’m not too big on the wispy “woe-is-me” characters, so hopefully you’ll see the same strength that I do in these characters!
Instead of repeating over and over why I love these characters, I’ll just make a quick blurb. Each of these characters are strong, intelligent (most of the time), and they fight for something they believe in. They take charge, they make mistakes, and they’re easily relatable. They’re powerful and weak, and yet they all grow at their own paces. If somebody was to ask me about a female MC in the YA genre, I would suggest one of these lovely fictional ladies because they damn well deserve it.
1. Celaena / Aelin from Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
2. Yelena from Poison Study by Maria V Snyder
3. Feyre from A Court of Thorns and Roses
4. Hermione (0 surprise)
5. Sydney from Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen**
**So I just want to point out that this is a contemporary novel, everything else I’m including is fantasy. To be honest with you guys, Sydney and I are SO alike, almost 95% similar in terms of life and the shit we’ve had to deal with. I’m including her because I know her feelings and the need for strength. I didn’t love the book (I only gave it 3/5 stars) but I loved the portrayal of Sydney. This novel put into words what I constantly fail to do.
6. June from Legend by Marie Lu
7. Rose Hathaway from Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
8. Cat from Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
9. Serenity from The Queen of All That Dies by Laura Thalassa
10. Tessa from Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
So there you have it! There wasn’t a rank I put them in, I think all these female MC’s have their strengths and weaknesses. I just love strong characters and I really think they all fit the bill. Who would you add to this list? Let me know in the comments! I feel like I’m missing some huge ones :o.