kinda stole this book tag from Paige. I have so many controversial books on here it’s fantastic and factual.
1. A popular book or series that you didn’t like?
I have to give a top three here, because god I hated these books. Gayle Forman’s If I Stay series was depressing as hell. I didn’t find it beautiful, it just made me angry. James Dashner’s The Maze Runner was actually a DNF for me, I couldn’t stand the writing or characters. Lastly, John Green’s Paper Towns. I went through a John Green phase and quite frankly found that these characters were superfluous and completely unrealistic.
2. A book or series that everyone seems to hate, but you love?
Okay I think I’m actually cringing from the judgmental looks you guys are giving me. DON’T JUDGE ME! I don’t know why I liked them I just did. They’re my guilty pleasures, okay?
3. A love triangle where the main character ended up with the person you didn’t want the to end up with?
I am still so angry with Snyder over the ending of this. My anger in GIF’S:
Guess who I felt like by the end of this series -___-
4. A popular genre you hardly reach for?
I’m not really into the YA contemporary genre. I am rarely ever in the mood for it, and I tend to overlook the popular authors regardless of peoples praises.
5. A popular or beloved character you didn’t like?
Margo from Paper Towns. UGGGGGGGHH. Couldn’t stand her pretentious / completely RIDICULOUS character. Q should have dropped her crazy ass.
6. A popular author you can’t seem to get into?
Gayle Forman, Holly Black (!!!!), and James Dashner. They are huuuuge disappointments for me.
7. A popular book trope you’re tired of seeing?
Pretty much every single love triangle bullshit, “you’re the chosen one!”, “you secretly have x gift and will change the world”, insta-love
8. A popular series you have no interest in reading?
So I really have no interest in reading the series fully. I DNF’d Mistborn #1 40 pages in (I know, I know…).. And I read the first book in the Grisha series but it didn’t hold my interest at all.. This ties into Six of Crows because I’d want to read the Grisha beforehand.
9. The saying is, “The book is always better than the movie,” but what movie or tv adaptation do you prefer rather than the book?
So…. You know how I said I DIDN’T like Gayle Forman and If I Stay made me want to rip my eyeballs out?
Yup. I saw it on Netflix and decided to watch it. It was beautifully made. Honestly, this movie now holds a really special place in my heart. An old friend of mine from college died in November and I just couldn’t. I still can’t. He was 22. You know those people who EVERYONE knows and likes? That was him, 100%. He had that laugh you’d hear across the room and a humble and compassionate soul. This movie reminds me to breathe. So although I hated the books, this movie is always in my heart because it reminds me of Jon.